Helper Bags/Springs for 2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone installed helper bags or springs for a 2003-2006 Expedition? Since I tow a boat/trailer combo that is around 5700-5900lbs, I get a fair amount of sag in the rear. The Expy handles it great and rides/trailers excellently, but I really would like a little less squat when hooked up. Unfortunately the trailer has a very long single piece of frame leading up to the tongue so a Weight Distributing Hitch really won't work properly. I'm sure newer shocks will help a little, but I would like something a little more permanent and can't find anything online that is designed for a 2003-2006. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Unfortunately Air Lift doesn't make an air bag helper spring for the 03 and up Expeditions. It looks like you may have to go to an air shock.

OP
OP
Stoned06

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is what I have seen too. Just hoping that someone has installed something that has bolted right up with little or no issues though.
Air Ride Technologies has the air shocks, but at $1000 just for the shocks, I'll have to pass right now.