Horn Cover Cracked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any one else have an issue with the horn cover split along the line where the airbag would deploy?

Went to the dealer and they said to fix I need entire airbag assembly. :thumbsdown: that's 330 bucks. Another solution?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any one else have an issue with the horn cover split along the line where the airbag would deploy?

Went to the dealer and they said to fix I need entire airbag assembly. :thumbsdown: that's 330 bucks. Another solution?

Do you sound your horn often, or hit the horn pad hard?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems to me like a safety issue with the airbag, i.e. it's now exposed and the material could become damaged. My understanding is a dealer or repair shop can't knowingly render an airbag inoperable, so to me it's on Ford to replace that for safety reasons. I don't care how much you use your horn, I've seen 20yr old airbags on old dodges etc that are still perfectly intact.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

New Ford vehicles come with a separate warranty for the restraint system.

Read your warranty folder - it may be covered if you’re within the mileage & time limits.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
try ford customer care, worst that can happen is the decline it. but I would argue this is a safety system and concern. There's no way that should have come apart, the amount of force it should take to split that is quite a bit, so to me it's a mfr defect.