Horn won't stop honking unless I brake!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew66

Reaction score
07 EB EL. My wife was out and called and said the horn wouldn't stop honking unless she pressed the brake pedal. I had her pull the fuse and that stopped it for now. What would cause it to stop when the brakes are pressed?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing last week tincluding the brake stopping the horn from blowing.
I think it is related to a sun roof water leak allowing rain water to short out the fuse panel on the passenger side. I pulled the fuse and checked my sun roof drains , which were clogged. After clearing the drain and waiting a few days the horn now is operating as designed.
This is my second experience with this problem with the same result.

OP
OP
mikew66

mikew66

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing last week tincluding the brake stopping the horn from blowing.
I think it is related to a sun roof water leak allowing rain water to short out the fuse panel on the passenger side. I pulled the fuse and checked my sun roof drains , which were clogged. After clearing the drain and waiting a few days the horn now is operating as designed.
This is my second experience with this problem with the same result.
Wow that's crazy! I am having the same issue with the sunroof. I cleaned out the drains today so we'll see. Mine was leaking at the passenger sunvisor though. I'll have to check the fuse panel.

OP
OP
mikew66

mikew66

Reaction score
Tell me how you got your wife to find and pull out the fuse. I'm very, very impressed.
Lol. I sent her a picture from the manual and a couple of passerbys were helping her.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like a 1960's British car, like an Austin Healy. You blow the horn, and the radio comes on! Oh those Brit's! You think the later Expeditions have electrical issues. First time in a rain storm, my 1st edition got water in the GEM module under drivers side window, I thought my new for me SUV, was related to Linda Blair from 1970's Exorcist. Everything was going off all at once. I was waiting for split pea soup to come out my vents, and spray me in my face. Windows don't work, starter was activated while already running. Doesn't seem to matter where they put the fuse box, they seem to match a water leak on the same side.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mikew66

mikew66

Reaction score
Sounds like a 1960's British car, like an Austin Healy. You blow the horn, and the radio comes on! Oh those Brit's! You think the later Expeditions have electrical issues. First time in a rain storm, my 1st edition got water in the GEM module under drivers side window, I thought my new for me SUV, was related to Linda Blair from 1970's Exorcist. Everything was going off all at once. I was waiting for split pea soup to come out my vents, and spray me in my face. Windows don't work, starter was activated while already running. Doesn't seem to matter where they put the fuse box, they seem to match a water leak on the same side.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk
Ha ha!