How big of tires can I fit without rubbing? 285/65R20?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gazelem37

Reaction score
Hey all, I picked up a set of nearly new BFG KO2's that are 285/65R20 for a steal. Has anyone managed to slide these on their Expedition without a level kit?

I have a 15' XLT but swapped the stock wheels and tires for 275/55R20s and they work great with some room to spare. I'm running the stock Ford platinum wheels so they are actually positive offset and I have seen an 18' F150 get this size of tire on his truck without a level kit but it was a King Ranch (again, stock wheels cause negative offset kills you). Maybe ride height changes between the 2 sub-models or the F150 is slightly higher ride than my Expedition?

Last edited:

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
Hey all, I picked up a set of nearly new BFG KO2's that are 285/65R20 for a steal. Has anyone managed to slide these on their Expedition without a level kit?

I have a 15' XLT but swapped the stock wheels and tires for 275/55R20s and they work great with some room to spare. I'm running the stock Ford platinum wheels so they are actually positive offset and I have seen an 18' F150 get this size of tire on his truck without a level kit but it was a King Ranch (again, stock wheels cause negative offset kills you). Maybe ride height changes between the 2 sub-models or the F150 is slightly higher ride than my Expedition?
First off, the answer is no. Not on stockers. You will probably need a +18 offset to clear those without rubbing or trimming. Secondly, the newer F150’s have different springs than the 15-17 expeditions so there is a slight difference. If you go to customwheeloffset.com and view their gallery you can see all types of setups and what fits and what doesnt.

easy thing to do too is to take a buddy out to your truck and have him turn your wheels all the way left and right and measure how much more room you have at full lock on level ground and compare that to the added size you will get from going from the 275/55 to 285/65