How can I find out what options my truck has?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ward

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does Ford put all of a vehicle's option codes somewhere on the vehicle? I'm used to GM vehicles, they put a sticker in the glove box or center console that has all of the vehicle's RPO codes. It would be nice to know what towing package, rear axle ratio, etc. that the truck is equipped with.

Last edited:

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i 'think' the vin breaks all that out & someone should be able to tell you that or ask one of the 'blue oval reps.

deducing either you don't have the build/delivery sheet?

sorry couldn't be of more help.

PanHandler.

Beardskii

Reaction score
Have you looked on the drivers side door jam (on the door) I have a sticker with ridiculous amounts of information like that.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah the door sticker will have some of that info. As far as tow package, etc. contact a Ford dealer with your VIN and they will be able to tell you all sorts of information. Most of the numbers and letters on the VIN have a specific meaning.

Here is a link to axle code meanings, you can find this on that door sticker in the drivers door jamb. If your axle code is H6, it will not be on that list, but I can tell you for sure that it is a 3.73 LSD.

http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_cat...d_ratio_do_i_have_in_my_ford__is_it_posi.html

Last edited: