How do I check if I have remote start - 2013 Ltd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskytom

Reaction score
Bought my used 2013 and came with one aftermarket FOB. Works fine, bought a second and had it programed and life was good until I noticed the orange sticker under the hood. How do I confirm that I have remote start? I would imaging it would be as simple as buying the FOB with that control button and having it programed? Want to be sure before I drop the $$

Thanks!

AF1QipNJziIhjh5nk6ni_mY-TXDWJYo3aYPK0gOUkb3M

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNJziIhjh5nk6ni_mY-TXDWJYo3aYPK0gOUkb3M

Scott Carden

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The control box for the remote start will be located under the dash on the drivers side. Remove the kick panel and you should see it tucked in on the left. You may also find a little led light and tiny toggle switch hanging there. That would be a Ford remote start. Made by audiovox I think. There should also be a small antenna mounted on your windshield or on the back of your rear view mirror. A pair of single button remotes are available on Amazon or eBay for about 9$

OP
OP
muskytom

muskytom

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to look (and resurrect my PC). Found it, but mine appears to be a factory box stamped Ford and in bold “REMOTE START.” Right where you said but tucked up a little higher and oddly, held in place with a zip-tie. FYI for folks here - don’t mistake the AC power inverter for the remote start, which is located almost right next to it. Hard to see the 120V labeling and has what looks like a 10AWG read wire (and others) coming out of it. Thanks for your help!