How do you change headlights assy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlw0211

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 03Expedition XLT and I am thinking about getting the black housing ones off the limited models. I have no clue how to even begin these step. Anyone done it?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is take off the lights, disconnect the lights, use the bulbs in the new lights (I'm guessing it uses the same bulbs?), and put the assembly back on.

I'm going to write a little how-to on how to change your bulbs, which involves taking off the assembly. Maybe it will help?

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just pop your hatch and if it's the same as the 1st gen's its an allen wrench screw. unscrew them and pop out the old assembly. Not to hard...probably one of the easiest mods to do imo :) Hope this helps

MadTxn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are two bolts on top, and one behind. It takes a little force to pull out the lights, because there's a pin holding them in place. I think it's easier to work from the middle of the car to the outside.