How do you Changing the Spark Plugs on an 06

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strecker

Reaction score
I have a 2006 EB 4x4 and I am trying to change the spark plugs. I can not get a standard plug wrench to seat over the plugs in the plug well. I am just that incapable of using tools anymore? Any help would be great.

Eric

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
its best to take it to the shop to get this done. the plugs are two piece
and can break leaving the bottome of the plug stll in there . it takes a specal tool to get them out not a good situation to be in

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just went thru this, my 05 threw a code for misfiring #6 cyl and i changed the cop and plug for that cyl, but i got the bright idea to change all 8 the plugs on the right side were easy however when i got to the left side the work space was limited and i ended up getting a plug stuck! After looking at the pricing $90 for the ford 5.4 3v spark plug remover tool i just got 11" needle nose ($11) and pulled it out, in summary just take it to the shop

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could try to follow the TSB. I've heard stories where none break, others where a few break.

If you do take it to a shop, ask them how their success rate is with broken plugs. I've heard of some dealerships where they don't break any. Ask them how much it would be per broken plug. From there, determine if it would be better to do it yourself, or just have someone else do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition