How does one remove the 2nd Row Seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Douglasf1378

Reaction score
I have a 2017 XLT EL
It has a 2nd row split bench seat and a 3rd row split bench seat.

Behind the front passenger seat, (in the 2nd row split bench seat), is a small one person seat I would like to remove so that access to the 3rd row is much easier.

There appears to be three pieces of plastic trim that cover the access to the bolts holding the seat to the floor. I have attempted to pry the covers off but as I pried on a section of the plastic, it started to deform & appeared to be at a breaking point.

Does someone have an exploded view showing how the seat is attached to the floor?

What is holding the plastic covers? A clip?

Is there a special pry tool to use so I do not damage the plastic covers?

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should refer to the factory service manual. There's a special procedure involving a "locking pin" in those outboard 2nd row seats. If you don't engage it properly, the seat frame can be damaged. As far as I know, the seat frame is neither replaceable nor serviceable. If you were to screw up and break it, you'd need to replace the entire thing (not cheap!). Also, seat attachment and installation is SAFETY CRITICAL. Another good reason to have the factory manual and follow all instructions precisely!

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should refer to the factory service manual. There's a special procedure involving a "locking pin" in those outboard 2nd row seats. If you don't engage it properly, the seat frame can be damaged. As far as I know, the seat frame is neither replaceable nor serviceable. If you were to screw up and break it, you'd need to replace the entire thing (not cheap!). Also, seat attachment and installation is SAFETY CRITICAL. Another good reason to have the factory manual and follow all instructions precisely!
Those 2 large red manuals that are year specific ?