How hard is it to find parking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, knowing your height, sans people, is a must. I used a 4’ level on the highest point (middle of front crossbar) and, making sure the level is level, measured from the underside of the level to the floor. I am at 6’5” and change. I use 6’6” as my height and put a sticker with the height inside the 12 volt cover on the dash. Then you need to decide your tolerance for clearance. I have parked fine in a posted 6’7” garage, but keep your eyes peeled.

I've seen a few parking garages be a little off on their measurements, so having that extra inch or two sure helps!

I had 9" lift on my truck years ago and I cut off the antenna just above the height of the cab :biggrin:

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had 9" lift on my truck years ago and I cut off the antenna just above the height of the cab :biggrin:

I loved this on my F150...the antenna extended about an inch above the cab, so as long as my antenna cleared I was good. If my antenna scraped, it knew I had a decision to make based on how much I wanted to park in that garage, how late I was running, and how much my insurance deductible was.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We had height issues in DC in 2000 EXP XLT 4wd. The first two it would not fit in.

I have a lifted Durango on a metric tire that is just a hair over a 38 inch tire. It has 5.5 Up Country susp and 6 inch body lift. I couldn't fit it through the local Mike's Car Wash until I took the luggage rack bars off. Then it fit fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zanwahwarden