How long before VIN assignment after ordering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm here in the SF Bay Area, and our family placed a custom order for a Ford Expedition Platinum MAX right before Christmas. Do you guys know how long it usually takes for VIN assignment and then delivery?
The dealership we went with is Ford Store Morgan Hill.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm here in the SF Bay Area, and our family placed a custom order for a Ford Expedition Platinum MAX right before Christmas. Do you guys know how long it usually takes for VIN assignment and then delivery?
The dealership we went with is Ford Store Morgan Hill.

I’m curious - what did your dealership salesperson tell you?

Nitrodoc

Reaction score
Ordered our Limited on 9/29/2023. Finally got a VIN last month and it's currently in production. How long are people waiting to get their Expeditions after they are produced? My dealer is in Green Bay, WI. Thanks.

smstroben

Reaction score
Long McArthur Ford Expedition info starts at 47:00.
"No expeditions are being scheduled this week and there are currently 772 unscheduled retail orders."
New video with this week's info releases at 5p today.

TMurphy11

Reaction score
Ordered our Limited on 9/29/2023. Finally got a VIN last month and it's currently in production. How long are people waiting to get their Expeditions after they are produced? My dealer is in Green Bay, WI. Thanks.
I had mine delivered to NJ in just over a week. Love it so far!