How long did your Battery Last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRHEXP

Reaction score
Just curious how long your Battery lasted? Mine failed almost Exactly 4 years.2017 Platnium 62K miles seemed a little soon? Maybe power running boards? Original was 750CCA I put in 850CCA

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anything over 4 years is gravy ( and it's a good idea to carry some jumper cables....) . I have a Bosch AGM 65 in mine right now and it's at 60% of it's rated CCA's at 2 years old. Best one I ever had was an Odyssey AGM that lasted 7 years.

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If we are talking non-factory, non-OEM mine has a Sears Diehard Gold 750CCA on my 99 EB with 203K on the clock. LOL, it been in the bay since late 2014. Now that I wrote this it'll Die Hard now.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious how long your Battery lasted? Mine failed almost Exactly 4 years.2017 Platnium 62K miles seemed a little soon? Maybe power running boards? Original was 750CCA I put in 850CCA

I changed my original after 3 1/2 years (before Midwest winter), as I don’t like being stranded. Mine came with the HD battery, due to the HD towing package.

This fall, I will probably change it again (which will be about 3 more year).

When I was much younger, my car batteries always seemed to fail at night in the winter, when all the stores were closed.

Peace of mind is cheap - thus, I change all my vehicle’s batteries after about 3 years - and I only buy the OEM battery, with the highest rating.

justinp16ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5 years 110,000 on the factory Motorcraft, just couldn't cut it in the 10 to 15 below weather last winter.

Plati

Reaction score
4 or 5 years.
Less if you have an "oops" and it gets deep discharged, even less if that happened in winter.

I just got back from a 3 week trip where my 2003XLT sat at home not running. Battery did start the Expy but resting voltage was down to 11.7V. I six amp charged it for 14 hours and it never really came down to 100% charged. 2.5 years old battery. I think its starting to show its age (like myself).

Last edited:

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got 3 1/2 years out of the OEM batt. It started one morning when I drove to the store but it was totally dead when I tried to start it after shopping. Since I've been living in FL 30 years now, all my other vehicles' batts lasted 3- 4 1/2 years It's the heat that eventually kills them.
I used to get 4-6 years when I lived in the northeast.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our navigator battery was between 4 and 5 years old when replaced last spring, the expedition battery went this past February February and it was right at 5. Those batteries were installed by previous owners so no idea how they were maintained/abused over the years. I know on my Expedition I had a few times with the radio on watching a movie while eating lunch and not running. 30ish min each time but always drove it back to work immediately after and would let it idle for about 10min after getting there to make sure it had time to at least partially recover. I would just shut down the remote start after being inside for a bit.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My OE battery lasted 4 years. The Motorcraft replacement lasted about 18 months. The Advance Auto battery I have in there now has been going for about 3.5 years.