How long have you waited on your 2022 Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered end of Oct last year, still waiting. It's been built for a while, modules all pulled up I think around April. My wife still wants it but I don't so we'll see what happens.

DFWHD

Reaction score
Ordered a Limited Stealth 303A on March 19th, bailed on it for a local find in April, but still tracked it to delivery at the dealer, which was August 8th. So just short of 5 months.

ColonyPark

Reaction score
Ordered Limited Max 301A on 3/7, went into production 7/28, ahead of the week of 8/1 that Ford told me. It was listed as built 8/9, and shipped on 8/10. The estimated delivery to the dealer was 9/2-9/8. It arrived at the dealer 8/19 and I'm picking it up this Saturday.

PhoenixRizez

Reaction score
My Limited 4x4 304A, was ordered on 3/30, an original production date was scheduled for 8/14, it was then rescheduled to 9/26 (supposedly the last build-week for any 2022s) and they removed the hands-free rear kick motion opening sensor, removed the active park assist 2.0, and removed the 2nd row one touch roll-up windows.

Keeping my fingers crossed it gets built as its currently scheduled. If not, it’ll roll into the 2023s and who know how much longer I’ll be waiting.

CGalex

Reaction score
Limited 4x4 Stealth (303A, HD tow, block heater, Stone Blue) ordered 3/10.

received scheduled for production (8/8) email on 6/29.
tracker marked it without a date as "in production" on 8/4. said sticker available, it was NOT
sticker showing hands-free lift-gate and auto stop/start REMOVED available on 8/6.
received supply chain-production delay email with no ETA on 8/19.
BCE modules populated for my VIN and tracker added 8/22 date to previously marked "in production" indicator on 8/23.

now I wait for BUILT to be checked off with a date. from what I have seen of others posting screen shots of tracker the in production date and built date are generally the same. mine started 8/22 in theory but here it is 8/24 and still waiting. I am hoping its just a matter of updates aren't refreshed as quick as we would like them to. they churn out a vehicle like once a minute so I have to imagine mine is built and sitting waiting for someone to update its status.

I worry more about these horrendous shipping delays than its build time. I get a few weeks or a maybe a month delay/processing shipment, but multiple month delays is nuts. If they wont let customer handle all the purchasing paperwork (payment, licensing, insurance, etc) and just take their receipt and goto plant and pick it up, they need to figure out getting cars on a truck and shipped. we are paying almost $1800 in destination/delivery fee for what? I live in Chesapeake VA and its 9-11 hour drive all on a single road (I 64) from plant to my area. I'd rather they just have a factory worker drive it here and put 655 miles on my new car and I'll buy em a ticket home rather than wait many months for it to be delivered with the typical new car 5-10 miles on it. The $1795 destination/delivery cost is more than enough to pay for a day drive worth of gas, wages and some food and a 1 way flight back home for someone.

Alex

Last edited:

CGalex

Reaction score
Ordered Limited Max 301A on 3/7, went into production 7/28, ahead of the week of 8/1 that Ford told me. It was listed as built 8/9, and shipped on 8/10. The estimated delivery to the dealer was 9/2-9/8. It arrived at the dealer 8/19 and I'm picking it up this Saturday.
I ordered just a few days after you and all the ford and 3rd party tracking/data sites (ordertrack.app and BCE modules) tell me mine was on the assembly line as of 8/22 so I just hope that is accurate but more so I hope I get a next day after built date shipping update like you did. congrats on your new ride this weekend.

Alex

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Limited 4x4 Stealth (303A, HD tow, block heater, Stone Blue) ordered 3/10.

received scheduled for production (8/8) email on 6/29.
tracker marked it without a date as "in production" on 8/4. said sticker available, it was NOT
sticker showing hands-free lift-gate and auto stop/start REMOVED available on 8/6.
received supply chain-production delay email with no ETA on 8/19.
BCE modules populated for my VIN and tracker added 8/22 date to previously marked "in production" indicator on 8/23.

now I wait for BUILT to be checked off with a date. from what I have seen of others posting screen shots of tracker the in production date and built date are always the same. mine started 8/22 in theory but here it is 8/24 and still waiting. I am hoping its just a matter of updates aren't refreshed as quick as we would like them to. they churn out a vehicle like once a minute so I have to imagine mine is built and sitting waiting for someone to update its status.

I worry more about these horrendous shipping delays than its build time. I get a few weeks or a maybe a month delay/processing shipment, but multiple month delays is nuts. If they wont let customer handle all the purchasing paperwork (payment, licensing, insurance, etc) and just take their receipt and goto plant and pick it up, they need to figure out getting cars on a truck and shipped. we are paying almost $1800 in destination/delivery fee for what? I live in Chesapeake VA and its 9-11 hour drive all on a single road (I 64) from plant to my area. I'd rather they just have a factory worker drive it here and put 655 miles on my new car and I'll buy em a ticket home rather than wait many months for it to be delivered with the typical new car 5-10 miles on it. The $1795 destination/delivery cost is more than enough to pay for a day drive worth of gas, wages and some food and a 1 way flight back home for someone.

Alex
shipping has been hit or miss. Mine shipped out last week from the plant, currently in Pine Bluff, AR on the way to Houston. Ford CS says 9/4 estimate on arrival so not sure what will take it another 11 days from now.

CGalex

Reaction score
shipping has been hit or miss. Mine shipped out last week from the plant, currently in Pine Bluff, AR on the way to Houston. Ford CS says 9/4 estimate on arrival so not sure what will take it another 11 days from now.
better to be on a slow truck heading west to you than parked in KY. hopefully your driver gets a move on and you can get your new ride sooner