How long did your Battery Last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the one in mine now has been there for over 5 years and it's still going strong.

I hope i don't regret posting this anytime soon...

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
6-7 years on road vehicles then replaced and the "old" batteries used in another piece of equipment until a cell is dead. I just changed a battery that was new in 2003....it's second life was in an air compressor, finally gave up a couple of cells. The Interstate shop was impressed. Keep them charged and they will last.

69Rustang

Reaction score
The battery in our 2014 lasted 4 years, then dead in an instant. Our 2017–I need to go look under the hood. No idea if it was replaced before our purchase, but I should check.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Charged up is the key. Have two older vehicles on batteries that are over ten years old and kept on battery tenders.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keeping the battery clean of all corrosion is key also. I still have the original in my 2017 with only 34,000 miles though. I just removed the terminals this weekend and thoroughly cleaned everything. The positive post on mine builds a lot of corrosion up.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It will help a lot, batteries like to be charged all the time.

Not my expy, but my 06 mustang purchased used in 2010, appeared to have original motocraft battery in it? Well anyway, it still has same battery as when I purchased it. Granted this car only leaves the heated garage about 10 times a year. But still that’s crazy for a battery. I do rotate it on a battery tender plus, with my other power toys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michael D Morris

Reaction score
Anything over 4 years is gravy ( and it's a good idea to carry some jumper cables....) . I have a Bosch AGM 65 in mine right now and it's at 60% of it's rated CCA's at 2 years old. Best one I ever had was an Odyssey AGM that lasted 7 years.

I'm a fan of the lithium-ion portable jump starters. I carried jumper cables for years but they are bulky and are forever getting tangled. The Lithium jump starters carry a huge amount of capacity and can also be used to charge phones, blue tooth speakers, etc. A huge advantage over jumper cables is that you don't need help from another vehicle and you don't have to position hod-to-hood. It is however necessary to charge them occasionally from a 120v outlet.