How many ft., inches inside EL behind 2nd row to rear tailgate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

enduro

Reaction score
Hello,

Any EL owners know or could measure for me, the max distance between the back of the 2nd row seats to the rear ? I'm trying to figure out if my sleeping back will fit in the back with just the 3rd row laid down. Was hoping to be able to sleep in the back and still have 4 available seats.

Thanks,

Mark

OP
OP
E

enduro

Reaction score
Thanks, you're probably right. Now, I'm wondering if the non-el has enough room behind the 1st row..

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a standard length, you’d need to lay both the third and second rows down to be able to lay flat. There is about 7 feet behind the drivers seat I believe.

OP
OP
E

enduro

Reaction score
Sccritterkiller, Do use an air mattress with both the 2nd & 3rd row down, or just 3rd row down? Standard expy or EL? Thanks.

Plati

Reaction score
I used to put a queen air mattress on top of 2nd & 3rd row seats folded down in my 03 XLT (not EL). Fits great. One thing I learned the hard way was air mattress in cold weather will suck the heat out of you overnight. You have to have a thermal break. Would never have considered any of those rear seats up for any sleeping in XLT. The EL gives you an additional 15 inches behind the 3rd row I believe so depending on height might be able to do something in that behind 2nd row?