New To Me '11 Expedition SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rollinstone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found out when I changed all the fluids on my truck. The radiator and alternator are heavy duty also.
Yes, I have the towing package. Tows my jayco camper great!!
I've got the HD tow package for sure. I can't see a data plate on my alternator. I'm curious what the amperage output for that thing is. For the trailer folks out there, that 7-pin connector (on any tow vehicle) doesn't carry much in the way of current for keeping the house battery(ies) charged. In some case that doesn't matter if ones trip winds up with shore power. Otherwise, many folks have gone to DC-DC chargers to boost the amperage to the trailer primarily to keep the charge up on the batts.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 13 expedition ssv. Was a cop car in California at one point. Mine has all the fun stuff, 4wd, limited slip differential, HD towing, larger battery, high output alternator....
But I'm curious, did your's come with full skid plates? I was surprised to see them and the guy I bought it from didn't even know they were down there. So I'm wondering, because if was owned by 3 different people after the cops were done with it, did one of them put those on or did it come like that for the cops?

OP
OP
D

DeafBringer

Reaction score
Depends on what was ordered for the SSV. They can come with or without the various bits. My SSV didn't come with the HD package, limited slip, 4wd, or high output alternator. Did come with a larger battery though which was interesting. It also came with the skid plates and they're actually pretty beefy, not flimsy like I was expecting.

I yanked the skid plates off and will be installing them on my 2012 expedition with 4wd.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Some years had the skid plates, some did not. Just as some had running boards. My '08 has an engine skid plate, transfer case skid plate and a plate under the fuel tank.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As noted in the attachment in post #5, these items were all listed as Standard, note that 4x2 and 4x4 came with different protection plates. If you purchased an SSV without any plates, then someone removed them.

1709675752076.png

These items were all listed as options, so any combination of the items listed below were possible on any given vehicle.
1709675429233.png
1709675485284.png

Last edited: