Open rear liftgate from inside?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevedapirate

Reaction score
The wife often sits in a single 3rd row seat with the others folded down to administer snacks and juice to the kids in the rear facing car seats that occupy the 2nd row. She's kinda trapped back there however, as I haven't found a way to open the rear liftgate from the inside of the vehicle.

Am I stupidly missing a button somewhere? Or is she actually stuck in the back until I open the liftgate from the outside?

2020 Expy XLT

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't know why it's sideways. Top right, when it's straight up and down opens the rear hatch. Above the headlight dial.

Attachments

• tempImagerZZTwD.png
    tempImagerZZTwD.png
    824.9 KB · Views: 27

CraZcracker

Reaction score
You have to have the power lift gate to have the button. If so, it’ll be on your key fob as well

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a ‘16 XLT with the power lift gate. Have the button on the dash and fob. So, it was an available option for that trim level.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If she has the fob, she can just use that method while seated in the vehicle.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I have trapped myself inside the back before. I have the power lift gate option and you can close the hatch with the rear button on the inside - but you can't open it! I had to climb over seats to get to the front, which isn't too easy with a bad knee.