How much did you get out of your 22" wheels and tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white91lx50

Reaction score
I have a '22 Limited 304A package ordered, and I'm thinking about dropping down to 18 or 20" wheels after it's delivered. To those that have sold their factory 22's, what did you get out of them?

Thanks, Will

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. I figured I would drive it some to see how I liked it but have already been looking into smaller wheels. I like the 18s on my F150.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You'll always take a loss on factory take off wheels. For the couple grand (maybe) you could get for them, I've always felt it better to keep them aside. If you were to one day trade in or sell the vehicle privately, you could find yourself scrambling to find a used set to make the vehicle be factory original.

OP
OP
W

white91lx50

Reaction score
You'll always take a loss on factory take off wheels. For the couple grand (maybe) you could get for them, I've always felt it better to keep them aside. If you were to one day trade in or sell the vehicle privately, you could find yourself scrambling to find a used set to make the vehicle be factory original.
I had seen some take-offs listed for upwards of 3k is why i was wondering. If the realistic sale price is 2k and under then I suppose I (may) keep them. I hate having wheels/tires laying around, I've played that game with my Polaris Rzr's and it always drives me nuts. We'll see when it comes in I suppose. Best case I may just swap tires for something a bit more aggressive, we sometimes get on sloppy trails to get our side by side to the parking area.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a few good 22" tire options out there including A/T. I use A/T 22" on my F150.

I hear you about the laying around tire/wheel thing, but if you're going with the 304a and those 22s are specific to that Stealth package, I could see if you sell/trade it in the future, without them could potentially be a drawback.
That is unless you plan on keeping this Expedition til the very end.

Denveram

Reaction score
Forgive the dirt, snow is melting off the roads. But if you just order the FX4 package, it comes with 18-in wheels.

Attachments

• 20220130_111516.jpg
    20220130_111516.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 11