How Often Are You Towing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
odometers.jpg

And, yes, we are religious about de-selecting the active trailer when unhitching. I had to reset the trailer odometer after learning that lesson. So the trailer really has a couple hundred miles not shown here...

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice. What are you towing? Curious, what trans temps have you seen while towing?

OP
OP
shane_th_ee

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice. What are you towing? Curious, what trans temps have you seen while towing?
We've got a 2013 ORV Creekside 18CK. It's a little over 22' long, but between 5400 and 6000lbs depending on how we've loaded it. And it's tongue heavy at ~930lbs tongue weight.
As for transmission temps, it usually runs about 210 deg, with the highest I've seen being ~230. That said we haven't really towed in ambient temps much over 90, so your desert mileage will vary. :)

osteodoc08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 24’ Chapparal is approx 6200# with full fuel and my trans temps are 205-215 in the GA heat. Best towing SUV I’ve ever owned.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
4500# to 5000# 21 Glastron (late 70s they built them heavy in those days).

Only issue was squirrely on gravel roads but putting that down to tires rather than any issue with the vehicle. On paved roads you tend to forget it is there until you glance in the rear view mirror and frighten the crap out of yourself when you see the bow of a boat up your backside :) done that several times :)