How soon after strut swap should you do alignment? Immediately or let it settle first?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did the monroe strut swaps today on all 4 corners today and man am I beat. Helper backed out so was solo. I was figuring 6 hours, but took 10 plus a busted impact driver and two trips to the parts store.

Anyhow, seems from what I read that most people suggest an alignment when done due to the new ride height. Question I have is should I let the new springs settle some before doing the alignment or should I do it right away? Right now the truck looks a good 2-3 inches higher than before but I know to expect this right away. Just don't want a safety issue.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Driving to the shop should be enough, although I've never heard about waiting for the new stuff to settle.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drive it about for a day or so if your concerned. That way if you got to remove a strut because of a noise. Although our techs at shops I worked at used to throw car/truck they changed parts on including struts, right to alignment rack. A lot of shops these days Midas and Goodyear are some, that do alignment check for free. They charge to change any setting though. You can cheat like I did, and have them check, if it's just toe setting on one side, take it home, and from the printout, turn the turnbuckle accordingly. Took me 5 minutes. It will save you $70.00 average.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have one done as soon as possible.
4 wheel alignment at the Audi dealership. They have the best equipment and alignment jobs in my area. And have top notch service. I think they charge $120 for a 4 wheel.
It does make me miss my Audi when I go there.
Never had my Audi serviced there as I did all my work but generally bought all my parts and fluids there. Sold my Audi and 3 years later went to look at another for my wife and the service manager knew me by name still.