How to tell if my 2013 has remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '16 is factory set for 10 min run but can be extended to 30 by doing the remote start sequence two more times.
You can adjust the default run time from 10, 15, or 20 minutes and then you can extend it the run time as you said. (10 minutes per button push - if I remember correctly)

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can adjust the default run time from 10, 15, or 20 minutes and then you can extend it the run time as you said. (10 minutes per button push - if I remember correctly)
Yes some models you can, my XLT with Sync can not be owner programmed and according to the dealer they can't change the programing with software either. Just doing the remote sequence 3 times gives me plenty of time. The one feature I do miss is being able to keep the truck running to run into a store with the remote like on my '04.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes some models you can, my XLT with Sync can not be owner programmed and according to the dealer they can't change the programing with software either. Just doing the remote sequence 3 times gives me plenty of time. The one feature I do miss is being able to keep the truck running to run into a store with the remote like on my '04.
If you leave the key inside and lock the door with the keypad you can keep it running. (I wouldn't) :)