How to turn OFF/ON seat belt chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every ford I've ever seen if you didn't / couldn't turn off all the time you can just reach down and push the release tab on the seatbelt when it started beep and it would turn off and stay off. My wife has a 2000 that we've had for years that doesn't have the time or maybe it's turned off or maybe I turned it off when we got it. I will not drive a vehicle that has that chime beeping and I rarely, rarely put on the seat belt. So I'll either disable it or I'll take the box out from under the dash and remove or damage the speaker in it so it won't be any noise.
I think manufacturers know this and are nice enough not to make it an issue. I'm just one of those jerks. If I had a vehicle that you couldn't turn it off I would get rid of the damned vehicle. You're not going to make me wear the seatbelt to get rid of the annoying noise. That's when people start locking the seat belt and sitting on top of it or getting another end from a junkyard and pushing it into seat belt. Then the manufacturer's want to play the cat and mouse game and make it smart to where it has to be out when you start it and then go in after the vehicle started or after you sit down on it so it knows. That's the kind of crap we don't need but people will also support and government in the name of safety. You're not playing that game with me I will simply get a different vehicle.
For some people vehicles are very important and for some it's their most important and prized possession so they insist on them being the way they want them or they will simply get another one.

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
" That's when people start locking the seat belt and sitting on top of it or getting another end from a junkyard and pushing it into seat belt."

My choice is the first solution when getting in and out often. No big deal, especially when not on major roads.

While ******** I want to stop having to drive my car with a faulty airbag aimed at my face. They even say people that are close to the steering wheel are at danger of harm and not safe because of the airbag. Nice to know that drivers must become an endangered species to be safe.