Seatbelt reminder not working to disarm it on '22 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wellwoods

Reaction score
I saw this post below and I am having the same issues. The seatbelt icon never goes out while you are waiting to do the steps to disarm it. I tried other suggestions per the forum and they do not work (with and without the parking brake on). Can anyone help me disarm the seatbelt chime?

On my previous '21 Expedition I was able to disable the seatbelt reminder warning chime. Trying to do the same with my '22, but not having any success following the factory instructions on page 52 of the owner's manual. In short, the seatbelt warning light never switches off in Step 2, so I'm unable to complete the rest of the procedure (just proceeding with the instructions and ignoring the seatbelt warning light not turning off also doesn't do anything).

FACTORY INSTRUCTIONS
Make sure that:
• You set the parking brake.
• The transmission is in park (P).
• The ignition is off.
• You close all vehicle doors.
• You unfasten the driver and front passenger seatbelts.
1. Switch the ignition on. Do not start the engine.
2. Wait about one minute until the seatbelt warning light switches off. After Step 2, wait an additional five seconds before proceeding with Step
3. Once you start Step 3, you must complete the procedure within 30 seconds. 3. For the seating position you are switching off, fasten then unfasten the seatbelt three times at a moderate speed, ending in the unfastened state. After Step 3, the seatbelt warning light switches on.
4. When the seatbelt warning light is on, fasten then unfasten the seatbelt. After Step 4, the seatbelt warning light flashes for confirmation. This switches the feature off for that seating position if it is currently on. This switches the feature on for that seating position if it is currently off

Anybody know how to do this successfully on the '22s?

Chromo

Reaction score
I too have tried with no luck on my '22 but was able to successfully do it on my '19. The seat belt icon never turns off for me either.