HP Increaae, Dramatically.. Chips, larger turbos?? Proven solutions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22AMGgt55

Reaction score
First I would like to say hello to everyone on this thread I just joined. We have a 2022 XLT that has less than 5,000 mi on it that has been just sitting in the garage not used often. However I plan on using it more often and would like to increase the speed of the vehicle. Both of my daily drivers are German vehicles which have been especially tuned and are unreasonably quick. Not to say that the V6 expedition with turbo is not quick because surprisingly it is.
I would just like to make it a bit faster, being that I'm used to being able to get in and out of lanes without even considering the other driver or getting in their way. Are there any tuner chips for this motor that have been proven to increase the speed and horsepower dramatically? Ideally I would like it to run the quarter mile in the 12s. That would give me the get up and go that I'm looking for. My other two vehicles are both twin turbo engines. One of them is a 6.3 l and the other is a 5.5. so I'm very familiar with turbos and how they perform.

Has anyone had any success with installing larger turbos, boost adjustment...???

Overall for the money I think it's a great SUV. It's very well reasonably priced and you're getting a beast of a vehicle. I had to say I'm pretty impressed.

Also lastly we have a black one and when I was younger we would call it "murdering it out."
Not sure that term is used much anymore but it is when everything on the vehicle is black there is no chrome there is no nothing but black. If anybody has any advice on where to purchase black grills or any other black components that will save me from having to get them custom painted and powder coated would be quite helpful. Does anyone know if Saleen produced any 2022 expeditions? I would love to duplicate whatever they did.

Once again hello to everyone from New Orleans. I really appreciate your input.

All the best,
Shaun

s.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The easiest thing for power is going to be a tune. There are probably three different companies mentioned quite a bit here. (and there are more than that I am sure) I personally went with a 5Star tune. Some say they suck, others, like my self have had no problems with them. My 2018 has just hit 50k and I think the tune has been on for 35k of that. You can definitely feel the difference. (i have never dyno'd or anything.) If you go the tune route, I would recommend replacing the factory intercooler.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with @TheDoug . I have done quite a few things and it is quite fast, I regularly stomp the "German" vehicles when I want to. My biggest trouble is i don't have access to anything above 91 octane, but I have done intercooler, an awesome corsa intake, SPD downpipes, 5star tune, and full exhaust. Be sure to do a catch can while your're at it. If you're going to drive it like you build it, be sure to keep up with really good oil changes and I do the upgraded spark plugs with the right gaps. this thing surprises me quite often.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This one was floating around recently. Food for thought on how far you can go reliably. These are great engines and are definitely capable of more than they come with from the factory, but don't expect to go crazy with them.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why didn't you just buy the SPP 450 HP version?

You can definitely tune it, but the factory transmission already pukes often at the stock power levels, so a tune won't make that any better except their programing might help the trans lock up tighter.

Pawpaw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Shaun from Lafourche Parish. You must be trying to get to the Mardi Gras parades quicker!! :cool:

Herby

Reaction score
I would really do your research before adding a tune to Ecoboost engines.

OP
OP
22AMGgt55

22AMGgt55

Reaction score
I think im going to leave it alone. It was bought to be a get out of town vehicle in the event of a hurricane. It's just my wife and I, but we have 2 dogs and 2 cats. The Expodition fit the bill. However after doing as Herby suggested I have come to the conclusion that any modifications would be a bad idea for numerous reasons. The main being the dependability factor would be lost. I appreciate all the input. I think I'll murder it out. Is that term still used? Make everything black, leaving nothing but black. It's easy and pretty inexpensive.

EdNewman

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but trade it in and get a 304a. VERY big improvement in all aspects of performance. Basically your truck with factory 450hp Raptor HO engine, different engine and trans tune, lower gears, different suspension tune (make sure you get the CCD) and exhaust. Brakes are unfortunately just red paint cosmetics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett