Huh what a coincident!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I was planning on turning in my two weeks notice today after my shift was over (actually 4 days notice to be exact) and instead I got terminated 15 mins before the end of the shift ***** what are the odds!

Walking to the washroom to clean up for the end of the day, boss man hands me my check and as I'm about to go past him I saw a screw on the ground, I kicked it away and Mr EL bosso starts yelling at me for for how that screw is money to him bla bla bla and he was demanding an immediate apology, I just stood there with this wtf look on my face then
i said: calm down boss I'm sorry to tell you this but you need to go F yourself,
he replied: what??? (In shock) then yelled you're fired
Me: nah really, what did you think was gonna happen after I said that dipsh*t

Now I got a week vacation and walking out of that company with all my stuff never felt better, I would describe it as having the same pleasure as the day i became a father... I was that happy.

What a way to end a 6 year long time wasting journey

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you knew or had some idea this was coming.
Especially after what happened some months ago.
Hopefully you can get unemployment.

Hope the best for you

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I worked in South Florida we called doing that "AMF". Which has multiple meanings, bosses were told it means "all my friends" but the workers new it had a more descriptive meaning.

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I think you knew or had some idea this was coming.
Especially after what happened some months ago.
Hopefully you can get unemployment.

Hope the best for you
Oh yeah it never has been pleasent working there since that incident.

But Thank you bud but I do have another job lined up starting it Friday next week.

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
@Habbibie congratulations on your new job. What kind of work do you do?
Thank you sir

I was working as an industrial field electrician (chief superintendent was my title) for the local utility company, a union job.

New position is In a private owned well established company, with the new position (same title & responsibilities as previous employer) I am going to be earning 18% more, I have 4 weeks vacation, 5 sick days and 3 personal days, take home company truck (f550 utility box w/ boom) annual performance bonus, and paid health insurance. Guaranteed 45 hours a week year round and never exceeding 60 hours with OT. This job is non-union which i perfer as you get to call your own shots not no wimpy sit behind a desk all day person calling the shots for you who's overpaid and doesn't have a clue what your job even is.

The new company owner offered me a job 4 times before I accepted his latest offer, he has seen my work and personality and has been insisting I join him as I would be a huge key to his company's success

Previous job I only had two weeks vacation, those 10 vacation days had to be used as vacation, personal and sick days as we don't get any personal or sick days. Insurance was paid for, we had a annual bonus, but biggest down side was continuous mandatory overtime for a total work hours of 80 a week MINIMUM!!! This is been going on for all 6 years i been there. Money is good with that much OT but after a while you start to hate yourself it as it leaves you with no personal time/family time, actually no free time what's so ever. I got three kids (7 months 2 years and 4 years old) I want to get to know them, spend time with them and show them what fatherhood is.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir

I was working as an industrial field electrician (chief superintendent was my title) for the local utility company, a union job.

New position is In a private owned well established company, with the new position (same title & responsibilities as previous employer) I am going to be earning 18% more, I have 4 weeks vacation, 5 sick days and 3 personal days, take home company truck (f550 utility box w/ boom) annual performance bonus, and paid health insurance. Guaranteed 45 hours a week year round and never exceeding 60 hours with OT...
That's awesome I am very happy for you. It sounds like the perfect job. 25% fewer hours and 18% more, you can't beat that. When I first started my career I worked for an electrical supply house and then switched to an HVAC distributor.

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
That's awesome I am very happy for you. It sounds like the perfect job. 25% fewer hours and 18% more, you can't beat that. When I first started my career I worked for an electrical supply house and then switched to an HVAC distributor.

Uhh you're a numbers guy, I didn't even count the difference to this day but now I know. Here's one for you since you got me going on this too

Say I was making $10 an hour
With previous job:
40 hours = 400
40 hours OT= 600
After Uncle Sam's cut =780 net working minimum hours a week (40 reg, 40 OT)

New company
10 with 18% increase after taxes and no OT take home pay is 414 (45 reg, 0 OT)
So even though it's a pay raise of 18%, my loss is actually at 53% less Net income of a given work week working the minimum # of hours. Huge loss to many but the stress level is testing my wits and relationship so a loss to you can prove a huge gain to me.

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Huh previous boss called me, left me a message saying take some time off then come by for lunch when I've cleared my head.

I somewhat feel bad for the guy, he lost his top grossing player and two big accounts due to the fact that those top dollar customers only want to work with me directly, no one else.

I'm assuming both accounts informed him they're backing out of the deal unless I'm handling it as I contacted them Friday evening and informed them I will no longer be able to assist them, they both surprisingly wanted to pull out of the deal and pursue it through my new establishment. This is a good feeling... some recognition for all the hard work.

I am gonna miss using that company's 2016 F450 platinum that's for sure.