Hypertech max questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leissleib

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 2011 Expy and I have installed the hypertech max and must say it really helped. For those who have one, I have some questions. I run regular fuel and I tuned it for that and 25% shift increase. My question is I was going to play with the rev limits and rpm shift points and really don't know where to start, any suggestions would be great. Also the fan temperature adjustment, I live in Texas and was wondering if I could drop the temp that the fan comes on, what is the factory temp when in comes on, and would it help at all. I know it is a lot of questions but if you have one of these programmers you will understand. Other than that the power increase was felt and the transmission shifting is night and day. Thanks for any input.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They really upgraded that programmer! I don't have all the options on mine. The only thing I increased was the rev limit (+400). All that really did was increase the redline across the spectrum.
As far as the fan is concerned, you have to install a different thermostat before you play with the fan control, I think.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no clue...superchips...i was guess to say to call them and they should be able to guide you.

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fans normally kick on @ thermostat temp ie 160, 192 etc and keeps it near that temp. I would honestly just upgrade to a lower temp thermostat.. As far as shift points best thing about a programmer if you go overboard just reset to default try again.. In other words play with it till you find the setting you like..

We can help to try and steer you in the right direction but our tastes could be totally not for you