I did some things over the past few days

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hartsemperfi

Reaction score
Hello everyone I did somethings to the expy not much tho. I installed a pioneer headunit I had from previous vehicle. Its the appradio 3. 7in. Double din. The next thing was fixing the overhead compass/temp display by removing, opening it up and soldering the circuit boards 510(2).

20161108_1214231.jpg

20161108_1208471.jpg

20161107_103330.jpg

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice - Ive been wanting to do what you just did. Replace the stereo and get the compass working again.

re the compass, did you have to buy new components or just resolder it?

OP
OP
H

hartsemperfi

Reaction score
Hello sorry to be late but i just re-soldered the board. I practiced onsome wires first i havent soldered anything in a very long time. It went well. Just take your time i also used a magnifying glass.

curleywon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
H

hartsemperfi

Reaction score
Thats the pioneer appradio 3 its a lil dated. But i can mirror my phone thru it.

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great. What is that in your center console compartment?

RHSC

Reaction score
Blk switch? For brown wire mod

I just did my Overhead console today as well. Pretty easy....if you take your time.
As far as the "Brown wire Mod" is considered, what exactly does that do? Do you have a link that you can post?
I've heard of it, but when I do a search, it brings up a long list of posts mentioning it, but I haven't seen the actual explanation of what it does or the steps to do it.
Thanks.
Radio looks great by the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker