I need help fast with grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah, screw it. One of my buddies said he'd come over later and help me out. I'm pretty sure I took care of all the hard work, I'm just too stupid to figure out the simple stuff. :drool:

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sorry i have never installed one of those i did my own custom grill. The taking it off part was the same. Hopefully your friend will figure it out for you

Petrini

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tabs mount to the back of the billet grille first, then the billet grille mounts to the fiberglass header panel (on the truck). Once the tabs are mounted to the grille, it should should stay on the truck temporarily without screwing yet. Just be careful not to bump it and knock it off while test fitting it. Once the grille is temporarily held onto the header panel of the truck with just the pressure of the tabs, center it (left to right) and place the factory grille trim piece back on the truck (over the grille). Attach the factory grille trim piece to hold it in place with a couple of the original mounting screws. Once that is secure, reach behind and push/pull the billet grill forward so that it sits flush against the back of the factory grille trim piece all the way around and mark the holes on the header panel where the tabs are. Take the factory trim piece off, take the billet grille off, and drill the holes where you maked them. Put the billet grille back on and install the screws, but leave them loose. Reinstall the factory grille trim piece, push/pull the billet grille forward, once flush all the way around- tighten the screws. And youre done. :waytogo:

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tabs mount to the back of the billet grille first, then the billet grille mounts to the fiberglass header panel (on the truck). Once the tabs are mounted to the grille, it should should stay on the truck temporarily without screwing yet. Just be careful not to bump it and knock it off while test fitting it. Once the grille is temporarily held onto the header panel of the truck with just the pressure of the tabs, center it (left to right) and place the factory grille trim piece back on the truck (over the grille). Attach the factory grille trim piece to hold it in place with a couple of the original mounting screws. Once that is secure, reach behind and push/pull the billet grill forward so that it sits flush against the back of the factory grille trim piece all the way around and mark the holes on the header panel where the tabs are. Take the factory trim piece off, take the billet grille off, and drill the holes where you maked them. Put the billet grille back on and install the screws, but leave them loose. Reinstall the factory grille trim piece, push/pull the billet grille forward, once flush all the way around- tighten the screws. And youre done. :waytogo:

Lol I wish you would've given me these instructions about four hours ago... Everything's in now, just haven't put the lower billet grille in yet. Unfortunately during the process the plastic housing that held the original OEM grille got pretty scratched up to the point where I'm not happy with it anymore, so I'll either have it painted or I'll purchase another one online. Other than that, everything went fairly smoothly. Thanks for the help man. :waytogo:

Petrini

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol I wish you would've given me these instructions about four hours ago... Everything's in now, just haven't put the lower billet grille in yet. Unfortunately during the process the plastic housing that held the original OEM grille got pretty scratched up to the point where I'm not happy with it anymore, so I'll either have it painted or I'll purchase another one online. Other than that, everything went fairly smoothly. Thanks for the help man. :waytogo:

sorry bro

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember having that same problem.... I got my grill off of ebay and no directions... its on my truck dont know if it is right but its holding for 2 years now....lol post some pics when you are done