ICONs on any 3rd gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anybody tried ICON's on their 3rd gen? I was pleased to learn that they offer units for 2014+ Expeditions. I searched this forum but I see mostly 4th gens using them.

I'm getting tired of the bounce from the undersprung / underdamped Bilstein 6112's that I have, so i'm stepping up to the ICON's starting in the front. In the rear, I have Rancho QuickLifts that are doing a pretty good job around town and an acceptable job while towing (dampers cranked up to 9/9) so I'll keep those for a while until I can part with another $2k +for the rear ICONs.

OP
OP
shinysideup2

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anybody tried ICON's on their 3rd gen? I was pleased to learn that they offer units for 2014+ Expeditions. I searched this forum but I see mostly 4th gens using them.

I'm getting tired of the bounce from the undersprung / underdamped Bilstein 6112's that I have, so i'm stepping up to the ICON's starting in the front. In the rear, I have Rancho QuickLifts that are doing a pretty good job around town and an acceptable job while towing (dampers cranked up to 9/9) so I'll keep those for a while until I can part with another $2k +for the rear ICONs.

Just in... Woo hoo!
PXL_20210623_033438112.jpg
PXL_20210623_133755821.jpg

Last edited:

MartinB

Reaction score
Let us know how its going... does it couple with 3 inch lift kits?

OP
OP
shinysideup2

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Front feels great! On the street @ full stiff, handles much better, but had to lower tire pressures.
Towing felt great too.
Haven't had a chance to off-road too hard with it. Just ordered the rears, but there's an 18 week turnaround time on those.

k2sb2003

Reaction score
Hey, its been a while. How do you like the ICON's? Looking at upgrading my current rig to a 15-17 EB but wanted some feedback on offroad and towing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani