If your gray cladding is looking faded...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would suggest to use "Orignal" Armorall. Mine looked really faded, and after spraying on some Armorall, they have looked like new for atleast a week. Good for the tires too.

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here you go

TSB # 04-17-07

FORD: 2003-2004 Expedition

ISSUE:
Some 2003-2004 Expedition XLT vehicles, (excluding Eddie Bauer models), built 2/1/2003 to 12/31/2003 may exhibit the front and rear exterior door trim and fender extension moldings (cladding) fading.

ACTION:
Replace all cladding on all four (4) doors and fender extensions. All cladding supplied in the Service Kit must be installed to prevent color mismatch and continued fading.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Clean off the area below the character line and above the cladding. Remove dirt as necessary.
Apply protective tape (minimum width 1") directly above the molding. This will prevent scratches when moving the tool along the cladding to release (pop up) the cladding retaining clips.
NOTE: PAINTING WILL NOT BE APPROVED FOR THIS REPAIR.

Using Trim Removal Tool (OTC-4489), open the door and begin to pop up the nine (9) retaining clips across the top of the cladding and the four (4) across the bottom. Once the cladding has been removed from the body, remove the protective tape.
Install the new part (retaining clips are included on the new part). Repeat the repair on the remaining doors.
Remove the two (2) screws that attach the fender extensions.
NOTE: RETAIN THE SCREWS AS THEY WILL BE REUSED.

Install the new fender extensions reusing the original screws.
Return the vehicle to the customer.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
4L1Z-78465K00-AAA Medium Dark Platinum Cladding Kit
3L1Z-78465K00-AAB Medium Platinum Cladding Kit
3L1Z-78465K00-AAA Medium Titanium Cladding Kit

tnorton71

Reaction score
Purchased a cladding "kit" from the local Ford Dealer for $157. I sourced cladding on line through various Ford Part-Direct sites. The only sell individual pieces and the total came in around $400.

Just finished up tearing off the old crap, painted the new cladding with Krylon Acrylic Clear in addition to painting the front & rear bumpers. Looks great. Save your self some time and money and buy the "cladding kit."

I debated having the lower half Line X'd black. That would have set me back $600 -$800. Hopefully, the $160 spend will reap that in resale when I buy a new Exp or Yukon.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just painted mine black with Krylon black Fusion spray paint.

Click me!

But you get the "stock" look. Under certain angles of light, you can kinnda tell it was spray painted, at least in my case. (I was kinnda rushed.)
Mine's the white one towards the bottom.

mjdh_80

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can still take advantage of this. I have an 03 but it might be too late for me.