Ignition Coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97EB5.4

Reaction score
I am in the process of preparing to do a tune up on my 97 with a 5.4 and will be replacing all 8 ignition coils at one time. I already replaced one and i believe that it is going bad already. This was about a year ago. My question is if i went to the junkyard to get the coils off of a newer model what years interchange? I would obviously try to get one that had lesser miles which in turn would be a newer year expedition. So would a 04-05 etc 5.4 coils work on a 97?
Thanks a lot.

RHSC

Reaction score
I have a 97 XLT 5.4. Just did all new coils and plugs a couple weeks ago. I would replace your plugs at the same time you do your coils. Might as well while you've got it apart. I don't know if coils from a newer expy will fit the 97s, but I bought a set of 8 new coils off ebay for $90. Better to buy new, than used from a junkyard. How much would they be from the junkyard anyway? Plus how do you tell if they are any good?

OP
OP

97EB5.4

Reaction score
i have a whole list of things to replace and spark plugs are one of them. I dont know how much they would be from the junkyard and have thought about the fact if they are good or not. This is why i was wondering about trying to get them from a newer model.
Where did you get them from on ebay and how was it? I have never bought anything off of ebay before. I guess im hesitant at buying something when i cant see it and walk out the store with them. Thanks

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just ordered a set and got them last week. I ordered them from UNEEKSUPPLY on ebay and paid $90 with shipping. Great product and fast shipping (only took 3 days) plus they back them with a lifetime warranty. All the coils work great and I noticed a huge increase in power and economy between these and new plugs. Plug gap was supposed to be .52 and the old factory plugs with 121K where at .71 gap.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anupe