Ignition Coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97EB5.4

Reaction score
I am in the process of preparing to do a tune up on my 97 with a 5.4 and will be replacing all 8 ignition coils at one time. I already replaced one and i believe that it is going bad already. This was about a year ago. My question is if i went to the junkyard to get the coils off of a newer model what years interchange? I would obviously try to get one that had lesser miles which in turn would be a newer year expedition. So would a 04-05 etc 5.4 coils work on a 97?
Thanks a lot.

RHSC

Reaction score
I have a 97 XLT 5.4. Just did all new coils and plugs a couple weeks ago. I would replace your plugs at the same time you do your coils. Might as well while you've got it apart. I don't know if coils from a newer expy will fit the 97s, but I bought a set of 8 new coils off ebay for $90. Better to buy new, than used from a junkyard. How much would they be from the junkyard anyway? Plus how do you tell if they are any good?

OP
OP

97EB5.4

Reaction score
i have a whole list of things to replace and spark plugs are one of them. I dont know how much they would be from the junkyard and have thought about the fact if they are good or not. This is why i was wondering about trying to get them from a newer model.
Where did you get them from on ebay and how was it? I have never bought anything off of ebay before. I guess im hesitant at buying something when i cant see it and walk out the store with them. Thanks

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just ordered a set and got them last week. I ordered them from UNEEKSUPPLY on ebay and paid $90 with shipping. Great product and fast shipping (only took 3 days) plus they back them with a lifetime warranty. All the coils work great and I noticed a huge increase in power and economy between these and new plugs. Plug gap was supposed to be .52 and the old factory plugs with 121K where at .71 gap.