Illuminated stainless steel Sill Plates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jon1985

Reaction score
Sorry I haven’t been on thanks for all the replies. I have to do more research I guess before I go ahead and buy these or anything I have to look at the wires on the passenger-side like rexster314 said I just don’t wanna screw anything up these very cool glad I came across them and other think their cool too!

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put the factory sills in my 2011 and have been very happy with them. However, They will scratch easy. I believe they are alum and not Stainless. Easy to put in.

I have show car Mustangs so I am very picky. I cover them with tape if I have to take truck in for service. If you do get a minor scratch I have sanded them out with 300 to 600 grade sand paper only in the direction of the grain.

OP
OP
J

Jon1985

Reaction score
So I bought the sill Plates from eBay in a Previous post someone else mentioned about them I went for it . They are brand new only thing I had to buy was the LED’s that snap into the harness on them which were 5mm led’s also bought them on eBay also pre-wired for 12 volts Applications . Only thing I’m waiting for to come in is the wire spool , shrink tubing , quick snap connects to run and make all the connections. I’m probably just going to tap into the front dome lights wiring. Also if anyone is wondering the LED’s light up fibers to light up the expedition letters it’s not a led light Strip .

A39900C1-2C6B-48D5-B979-966504B32F56.jpeg

57AE5EBE-1809-4B21-B8C9-025C48B249DD.jpeg

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aha! They're fiber optic! Very cool! BTW, all you need to do to change the color is use a different LED or tint the end of the fibers where the LED is placed. You can also use an RGB LED if you have a controller for it and then you can change the color on the fly.

PS Be sure NOT to buy these used if the fibers have been clipped near the sill plates. Even if you attempt to repair and extend the fibers, they will loose much of their light transmission at the break/joint.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those actually are tasteful! I like them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine are still going after almost 7 years. They get scuffed some, but judicious use of a nylon pot scrubber will dress them back up