I'm buying an Expedition, suggestions and knowledge please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sadly, that era Expeditions have a lot of issues with paint peeling on the rear hatch and sometime on the hood.

2016MY and 2017MY are covered under warranty (page 11)

If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage, and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions and/or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles.​

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Typo, reading the specs without wearing my readers and thought it was an 8 not a 2. Sucks getting old... :emotions133::cheers:

You ain’t getting old till you hit about 63.....it’s just a number my friend. I have the Expy Ecoboost with 3.73 gears and 10 speed. Don’t tow anything near 9000 lbs but I wouldn’t hesitate to do that with the Ecoboost. I watched tons of YouTube vids and talked to actual owners before pulling the trigger. I agree with an earlier post that recommends to buy as new as you can with available funds and I would purchase an extended warranty before the Ford warranty expires. Gotta protect those horses at all costs and looks as though you are doing your diligent best to make a good and right choice before making a purchase. Good luck in your endeavors!!

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have the '16 Expy and I pulled my parents very heavy and big boat without issue. Much better than my parents Suburban. The Expy surprised my dad. He had to look under the hood to make sure it was a six cylinder! [emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Basically the turbo system doubles the capacity. You are essentially driving up to a 7.0L motor when you get into the turbos.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I put the 5 star safety rating on my 2007’ to the test last night against a Ram 2500. Truck saved my life, safety systems worked flawlessly. Impact was at about 35 miles per hour and I walked away, doesn’t get better than that.

Plati

Reaction score
I realize now I jinxed myself with these posts yesterday.
Was thinking the same! Plus all the rear end collision posts lately. Odd coincidence. Hope they find the guy that stopped short in front of you and glad you are ok.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was thinking the same! Plus all the rear end collision posts lately. Odd coincidence. Hope they find the guy that stopped short in front of you and glad you are ok.

They found him, police said he answered the door stone drunk. They cannot charge him with DUI but gave him tickets. I didn’t get any tickets thankfully.

They weren’t very happy with him for fleeing the scene.