Im looking to add some reliable power......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deebo

Reaction score
........to my 97 Expedition. What mods could I do to the motor that would add some significant RELIABLE power. Im kinda new to modding my truck but not new to modding my car. What advice do you guys have?

3 NAILS 1 CROSS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
to bad it isnt a 98. whipple industries has a supercharger kit that bolts on in a day. making the tired 250-260 hp 5.4L wake up and produce 480hp that is daily drivable. cost around $3200.00. or you could add some headers, cool air intake,throttlebody spacer,power programmer,chip, goes on forever....... goodluck

chile

Reaction score
i think the basic Intake, Header, Exhaust upgrades will start you on your way..then go from there.

OP
OP
D

Deebo

Reaction score
I've already added a catback exhaust and I plan on adding a cold air intake, and headers. Im seriously looking into a supercharger. What mods to the shortblock would be necessary to make sure that the power I make with the blower is somewhat reliable? Would a rebuild be necessary with all forged components? Or do I need to just make sure my gaskets are up to par? Id like to see at least 400 rwhp reliably. Is this realistic? Thanks for the help.:)

3 NAILS 1 CROSS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well its imple none. no mods. just bolt it on and hold on! 400rwhp is definate. the kit i speak of is the most reliable kit i have ever read about. if you go to ( whipplesuperchargers.com ) on the home page about half way down you will find all info you need.

ps. i just got a reply on this kit today from whipple's sales department seems i have made a boo boo, the kit is around $5500.00. guess i have to wait till tax time.

OP
OP
D

Deebo

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the 97 and 98 5.4L? Why would the supercharger fit the 98 and not the 97?