info display too dim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fluorescent displays such as these lose brightness as the years pass. Replacement is the only cure.
I did some more research and as far as the radio, it seems possible that solder around the VFD tube or associated resisters (180 ohms) may be open or weak . I am going to attend to that.

Meanwhile the problem with the instrument cluster is apparently the programming of the Smart Junction Box and the lack of daylight lighting on the gauges. I can read the odometer etc just fine, but as far as the red needles on the gauges, they are shadowed during day due to dumb unnecessary trim around the individual gauges and lack of daylight backlighting.

Milo63

Reaction score
New guy with a 2010, my pixels were fading and would come back with a thump on the dash (probably a different problem?) but I pulled the stereo and reflowed all of the solder on the circuit board, it's been good for the last year.