Information resources for rebuilding front end? - 2002 Expedition 2wd 4.6L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boddkr

Reaction score
Hello,

Well I didn't rent a lift I just stayed at home in my home garage and boy am I having ISSUES! I removed the wheel hub to replace it and then started on upper lowers and tie rods... I can't get the knuckle removed from the lower tie rod so I can push the tie rod out with the rented tool. Any suggestions? I have a sledgehammer I have the fork and pitman puller and all is a no go ..HELP!!!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got the wrong pickle fork tool for the tie rods. If you have the one for busting loose ball joints it's too big. A couple of whacks with a tie rod pickle tool should pop it loose. Spray it with a good nut buster spray before.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Boddkr

Reaction score
I ended up having to buy a used lower control arm for the drivers side. I ordered parts from Detroit Axle and they sent the wrong upper control arms so I had to return. I ordered the right ones before the return so I could put my truck back together and received the correct one for the driver side and wrong RH side. This repair has been a nightmare. So I took the ball joints to be pressed in and received the correct parts. I put it all back together and went for the alignment. Guess What?? I didn't know anything about and I am still a bit confused. Can anyone advise on Camber Caster Cam Bolt Kit?