Install updates:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just finished putting in my head unit. Took a while longer than I thought it would, had to go to Wal-mart to pick up wire strippers. But after getting it done, it looks great. I have since changed the color to green to go with the car interior. Here is a picture, I will post updates. Hopefully everything will be installed by the middle of next week.

fc5d0206.jpg

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
those trays come with the install encloser. mine did. but i had to cut it cause the stupid bar in there was in the way. couldnt remove it. i saw a thread about how to remove it once. but i lost it now. ill find it later. i need a new head unit too.

OP
OP
T

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you buy a deck thats $129.99 and higher, it comes with absolutely EVERYTHING you need. The tools you need to get it out, all of the plugs you need, directions, and that spacer thing....plus they are giving free shipping...from Crutchfield btw. The only stuff you will need are wire strippers and maybe some crimpers.

OP
OP
T

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sweet....so the place I ordered my speakers from failed to tell me that they were on back order. Awesome...now instead of having them for the weekend like I was really counting on (I have to drive 4+ hours for a wedding) I have to wait until next week for them to ship. I even called them and asked for them to overnight it because they messed up. Nope

97EB5.4

Reaction score
Looks good dude. whats the stats? It looks like an alpine.?

OP
OP
T

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got the component speakers in today. Hopefully I can get everything done tomorrow. Here is a pic of me putting in the new speakers. On another note...to people that have changed them out, what do you do with the factory head unit? and the old speakers? eBay?

e04353f2.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you do whatever you want...i trashed mine...but the opts are limitless...ebay, local adds, junk yards, sell to friends, craigslist....WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!

better yet, why dont you advertise them on the "parts for sell" forum on this site...

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have my stock deck in case i sell my truck. hopefully not. but my speakers where shot so i threw them away.