Installed the PowerStop Z36 pads & rotors on the front & back (myself)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamsdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Expy had been making noises like it needed new brakes. After a 2,400 mile vacation trip two weeks ago, it started grinding. I ordered the Z36 kit with rotors and pads from Amazon. It took me about 7 hours, spread over two days to get of them done but I am very pleased with the results and, that I did it myself. I had found a video which was very thorough in the procedure for how to do the rears which are funky in that the pads slide across metal instead of clips. I also had to borrow my neighbors 4 lb sledge to knock the rotors loose but I was expecting that from having watched several videos. I ground the rust off, spread copper anti-seize, lubed the pins and everything went back together pretty easily. I was pretty impressed with the package from PowerStop in terms of completeness, fit and packaging. Plus the rotors look cool.

I did have to purchase a torque wrench that went up to 250 lbs because the caliper anchor bolts have to be torqued at 184 lbs and my Harbor Freight wrench only went up to 150. I also had to get a set of hex sockets because the rear pins only come out with a 7 mm hex. Another weird choice by Ford.

Not to throw down the gauntlet but I'm a mid-50s government worker and I did it - saving about $600 in labor.

justinp16ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put these on about a month ago, before I bought a TT. The old Motorcraft pads and rotors were worn out, I also changed out the brake fluid. Braking is definitely improved, only thing I didn't do was replace the parking brake shoes, going to have to do those soon here. I agree, great kit, easy install. I got the kit for $400 at Walmart.com. They perform well and look great, hopefully get some good miles out of them.