Installing running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I'll be installing used runnig boards on my 98 Eddie Bauer EXP. but I have a big problem. The person who took the boads off cut the wires that lead to connecting the lights, but that's another story. In regards to the boards the dealership dosen't carry the bolts sepereat and need someone to help me. If anyone can provide me with the size of the nuts and bolts i'd really appreciate it. Basically I need someone to unscrew one bolt/screw off their running boards and take it to Home Depot or some other home store to get the specs/size of the bolts. I know this seems to much to ask, but i figured I'd give it a try, thanks!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
G

You may be able to eyeball the size and whether or not if it's a fine or coarse thread.

I've taken parts in to AutoZone and Pep Boys (not a running board though) and fitted it in the shop. No one ever gave me a second look walking in with greasy parts in tow.