Interior Led swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay, so there are three wires, one is ground, one is hot all the time, and one is hot from the GEM when it says to be hot, so there shouldn't be a polarity issue. There may be a connection issue or a fuse someplace that's not working. I'd grab a test light and probe the connector to make sure the wires that should be hot are.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For some reason I couldn't upload from my phone, so here's what I've got for pictures:

1559062612495.jpg

IMG_20190528_125421067.jpg

Josh Raley

Reaction score
Has anyone figured this out? I just replaced the all the lights with L.E.D on my 2013 exp and now they are doing the same thing as the o.p

cdahlen

Reaction score
the lights turning on when opening a door, but not when trying to individually turn them on.
Check the fuses using the guide. Can't remember if it was my expo or the escape I had before it got totaled, but lights have 2 separate fuses.

Josh Raley

Reaction score
the lights turning on when opening a door, but not when trying to individually turn them on.
Check the fuses using the guide. Can't remember if it was my expo or the escape I had before it got totaled, but lights have 2 separate fuses.

Thats what it was noticed that my visors lights and garage door opener wasn't working looked for a fuse and must have blown it pulling them out.

Thanks!