Interior lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiggRigg

Reaction score
I have a 2000 X EB. I have a small problem with the interior lights.
When the door is open all interior lights function properly except for the 2 map lights in front. The running board lights work fine as well. Does anyone have any idea where to start trouble shooting. The map lights do work when the buttons are pushed but not with the door. Are the map lights on the same relay as the rest of the lights? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

G

The map lights should come on with the door open. It si fed from a different circuit than the power to the overhead switches.

It has several connectors but the other power also feeds through those connectors. There is however a splice in that line.

Service manual states location as= Safety belt retractor harness, near T/O to C901 right side rail lamp.

G

sorry, wire is black with light blue stripe. There are five wires in this splice. The tod relay is in dead center of dash I believe. Its gonna be needle in haystack. If you have a voltmeter you can test voltage at the overhead console.

OP
OP
B

BiggRigg

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I will try to find it this afternoon.