Interior noise from exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll be the first (& have been) to admit I'm incorrect. You guys are havin fun with this, thats great I'm all for havin fun! But seriously ... you really seem to believe that in an EcoBoost Expy "fake engine noise" or "sounds like a V8 engine" are played through the speakers"? I do my homework and all I've ever seen is that has been done in a Mustang, not an Expy. You obviously can believe what you want but I'm still waiting to see that documented somewhere. Of course you can't provide that. Aggie tried but only found something for a Mustang. So, stating this as fact ... is Fake Noise. Isn't it? I must be missing something here (what if I might ask) but not real worried about it. And I dont expect any type of factual response either , but if you really want to keep this alive that is waay weird too.

Much quieter on the inside not fake V8 engine noise in an Expy
(and I think it's just Plati's too).

https://www.futurecar.com/3896/Ford-Motor-Co-is-Working-to-Make-Vehicles-Much-Quieter-on-the-Inside

By the way MrFastTimesAtRidgemontHigh ... I was driving a 4 speed 67 Mustang about 25 years before you were born, along with my dozen motorcycles and whatever else you never experienced.

I'll admit one thing. I did patent infringement for many years and it warped my mind. You can't just make a claim of fact without having some data or documentation to back it up. You have to be able to show that is is fact or they send you away to continue looking for something to back it up.
Well Skippy, you have proven one thing. If the shoe fits ya got to wear it, on you it appears to be a perfect fit.
Now run along and stop embarrassing yourself, folks are laughing at you. My last.

StephenPT

Reaction score
Around the 5min mark in this video the TFL guys talk about the augmented engine noise of the eco boost in the Expedition. Sitting behind them is an executive from Ford. The Ford employee doesn’t deny it and basically just rolls his eyes. https://youtu.be/zK-B7V25heg

Nate2020KR

Reaction score
I found what I thought was the fake engine noise in Forscan and disabled it. It sounds exactly the same. So I believe that it doesn't exist in our Expedition.

Plati

Reaction score
This kind of behavior will not be tolerated

Last edited:

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only shoe I can detect is the one deeply stuck in your mouth MrLoser.
Maybe if you had graduated High School you would have learned to think better.
Ha! Now what stupid comment do you have to have your Mommy type for you?
I know in my last post I said it would be my last but... you've managed to hang 3 different names on me all from a post that was a reply to another individual that you decided to insert your self into.
So to start I'll be polite. You seem to have a thing regarding my age. I'll answer it this way in doing so giving you more info than you deserve. At the time your 67 stang was being made I was getting out of a military hospital after a year due being in the wrong place at the wrong time while in VN. You can do the math from there regarding age. You also made some foolish remark regarding my education. Perhaps I have a degree in proctology, of course that's it, how else could I deal with you. You have a choice, continue this foolishness and embarrass yourself some more or let it go. Up to you, as you jumped in. As for me, it's raining the surf is going to build so there won't be much surf fishing to do here for a few days and I can devote a bit of time to your foolishness. Think about it for a bit.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i heard the sound coming from the back inside, not much middle and none in the front and did not sound like it was coming from out of the exhaust pipe. It just seemed odd at the low RPMs I was cruising at. Perhaps setting the speakers to only front may be a quick test? Or maybe not..
I have always heard my engine noise more from the rear than anywhere else (especially the turbo). I know that makes absolutely no sense, but I have always chalked it up to good sound deadening (the platinum has more than the other trims) and the fake engine noise pumped through the cabin.

Tuck

Reaction score
Just FYI, 3.5L Raptors have the fake engine noise piped in through the speaker (I had one) and I'm pretty sure all the F-150 equipped with the 3.5L (possibly other ecoboost engine models also). You could turn it off with the Forscan tool. I didn't have the tool and didn't want to take it to the dealer to have them turn it off so I lived with it. I don't think it's applicable to the expedition but anyone with a forscan tool can look to see if the option exists to turn it off/on. Don't have a dog in this fight just putting it out there that the fake engine noise was on the F-150 line. Do with it what you will.