interior rear passenger door handle replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hi guys,
so the rear right hand side interior passenger door handle broke off the other week, the mechanism is fine its just the silver handle which broke off, so i managed to find a cheap oem handle on ebay and am waiting on it coming.

now ive been looking on line for a video on how to change the handle but i have had little success. there are plenty of vids on expys prior to the 3rd gen models and other fords but i havent found anything on a 08 expy.

so has anyone replaced a broken door handle on a 08 or newer? im not sure if i need to take the whole interior door card off or if i can some how get away with just taking the surrounding bit off?

any input will be good.

cheers
phill

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interior Door Handle

Item Part Number Description
1 7821819/ 7821818 Interior door handle (LH/RH)
2 78221A00 Exterior door handle actuating cable

Removal and Installation

Remove the front or rear door trim panel. For additional information, refer to Section 501-05 .
Release the door handle retaining clip and position the interior door handle aside.

Release the interior door handle actuating cable from the interior door handle.
NOTE: Make sure the interior door handle spring is realigned before installation of the door handle. Check for normal operation.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.

door handle 1.gif

door handle 2.gif

OP
OP
standardmoose

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cheers guys, will be tackling this this weekend, and will let you know how it goes.

cheers

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is good timing. I just ordered new interior handles because the chrome is currently coming off of mine.

TRETINA

Reaction score
Same problem here...left front interior handle just broke right off 2010 Expy. Will remove the panel this weekend and hopefully it's an easy job! Thanks!

Juan Munoz

Reaction score
So i removed the door and the part where the top arrow is pointing to broke off. How do i fix/replace this?

door handle 2.gif