Interior water leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good Lord, of you're anything like me, it would take years to get past stuff like that and feel trusting again of the vehicle. Sorry for the issues, so frustrating.

OP
OP
Janky

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good Lord, of you're anything like me, it would take years to get past stuff like that and feel trusting again of the vehicle. Sorry for the issues, so frustrating.

Yes, that is true. Fortunately, it's just a little water in the floor, so if it gets fixed, I'll be fine. But I have been reading this forum too much. I did notice the startup rattle and after reading through all 12 pages of that thread, I'm a little paranoid. But, I have the extended warranty, so if anything, I will just drive it harder to make sure the turbos are fully functioning!

Also, as soon as this leak issue is resolved, I'll be finding another dealer - one that's closer to me and hopefully one I can build some trust in. Recommendations for a good dealer in the Seattle area welcome. I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing more of them ;)

OP
OP
Janky

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And the drama continues. NOTE: Titus Will Ford Tacoma, beware. Went to pick it up and noticed the flap inside the passenger wheelwell was missing?! WTF. Got the guy to come and he haphazardly said, oh, lemme go check if it's on my workbench... minutes later it was in, but really??

Here was the service text: "...found A/C plenum drain tube seal saturated". (Sounds like the TSB they already fixed?). "Removed BCM and bracket to inspect and found possible seal missing that belongs along side of the passenger fender area/inner A-pillar. Contacted (Ford) hotline to verify if any seals belong there -> two plugs were missing thus letting water enter through behind the BCM Bracket." All sounds fishy to me - missing seals?

Checked the carpet, mostly dry... But not all the way!? He pulled up the plastic door trim and showed me how it was mostly dry. Big F'ing deal - dry the damn thing. Well, I had driven an hour and I really don't believe they've fixed it, so rather than leave it with them to dry it, I took it home. I'll call them back if the slightest bit of water accumulates.

PS, I asked about a true equivalent loaner. The service manager said they can set me up with something from Enterprise, even an Expy, and if the work isn't warranty, I have to pay out of pocket $35/day. Why the hell didn't they do that from the beginning. It's still in the 3yr 36k so just about everything should be under warranty. I guess it was my fault for making the used car division (the guy who sold it to me) get me a loaner.

I love this Expy, but slowly losing faith... more to come.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So sorry, many of us are having other frustrating issues as well.

Given that ford doesn't accept email, and their customer care folks are practically useless, I sent them a 3 page letter today. Guessing it won't matter.

Last edited:

Apollo

Reaction score
Same boat here....had a long talk with gm on monday and will be dropping it off tomorrow again.

One reason they gave its because i park on a hill....so i asked...are u saying ford is built tough unless parked on a hill....lol

I had to find some humor in a frustrating situation.

OP
OP
Janky

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took a trip to the mountains today. It was nice and rainy on the way there. Back home safe and the passenger floor seems bone dry. I don't want to jump the gun but it appears the missing "body plugs" were root cause of my leak.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i sure hope so. One thing you might consider for your troubles, get in touch with a supervisor at Ford Customer care and see if you can talk them into giving you an extended service plan if you don't already have one. I should think it would be worth your troubles and issues you've experienced through all of this. If not that, see if they'll document and cover any future rust issues, electrical issues, etc. in that area.

gbigpapa

Reaction score
And the drama continues. NOTE: Titus Will Ford Tacoma, beware. Went to pick it up and noticed the flap inside the passenger wheelwell was missing?! WTF. Got the guy to come and he haphazardly said, oh, lemme go check if it's on my workbench... minutes later it was in, but really??

Here was the service text: "...found A/C plenum drain tube seal saturated". (Sounds like the TSB they already fixed?). "Removed BCM and bracket to inspect and found possible seal missing that belongs along side of the passenger fender area/inner A-pillar. Contacted (Ford) hotline to verify if any seals belong there -> two plugs were missing thus letting water enter through behind the BCM Bracket." All sounds fishy to me - missing seals?

Checked the carpet, mostly dry... But not all the way!? He pulled up the plastic door trim and showed me how it was mostly dry. Big F'ing deal - dry the damn thing. Well, I had driven an hour and I really don't believe they've fixed it, so rather than leave it with them to dry it, I took it home. I'll call them back if the slightest bit of water accumulates.

PS, I asked about a true equivalent loaner. The service manager said they can set me up with something from Enterprise, even an Expy, and if the work isn't warranty, I have to pay out of pocket $35/day. Why the hell didn't they do that from the beginning. It's still in the 3yr 36k so just about everything should be under warranty. I guess it was my fault for making the used car division (the guy who sold it to me) get me a loaner.

I love this Expy, but slowly losing faith... more to come.