Interior water leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Again, those components have been wet for what, two weeks now? Rust should be your number one concern at this point, replacing pads and carpet is important given your climate to reduce mold etc, but i'd be pretty annoyed. I'd also be curious about fitment issues once everything does dry out completely. Expansion/contraction with moisture. But what are they saying was the issue? that white grommet? If so, what was wrong with it, improperly installed, holes? Seems to me you'd have to be driving through some pretty deep puddles, i.e. forging rivers to get as much moisture through a grommet as you've been describing, I mean I get you're in WA, but still. I have forged rivers in previous vehicles without soaking interiors.

OP
OP
Janky

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From the dealer, "There was an elbow shaped hose for AC drainage that was causing the leak". Funny, that sounds just like the technical bulletin the salesman found and they supposedly fixed the first time I brought it in! I'm eager to clarify what the heck happened the first time, when I go pick it up.

OP
OP
Janky

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good news, sort of. The dealer called back to let me know it was taking longer than expected to dry out the pad. They pulled it completely out and found mildew. Ford will be replacing it, it's just going to take 5-7 days. I really hope this gets resolved...

OP
OP
Janky

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good news, got our Expy back. They had found mildew on the pad so Ford Replaced the pad and carpet. The dealer redeemed themselves by detailing the vehicle AND filling the gas tank, since they had it for a week!. Crossing my fingers it stays dry.

Interesting side-note: I've left it with the dealer twice now and both times the display options are back to Celsius, Km and 24 hour clock. Annoying!! I suspect this has something to do with this being a Canada model, and I will post in that other thread. But why did they mess with the computer for a water leak???

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe they unhooked the battery for a week while it set and the preset battery went dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Janky

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ugh, wife and I took a nice relaxing drive on Christmas only to discover the passenger floor is soaked again!! This is maddening! Texted the salesman and service manager. Hoping to bring it back ASAP. Fearful we got a lemon. I really hope Titus Will Tacoma can figure how the heck to troubleshoot a leak. Third time is the charm?? More to come.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ugh, wife and I took a nice relaxing drive on Christmas only to discover the passenger floor is soaked again!! This is maddening! Texted the salesman and service manager. Hoping to bring it back ASAP. Fearful we got a lemon. I really hope Titus Will Tacoma can figure how the heck to troubleshoot a leak. Third time is the charm?? More to come.

Wow! Good luck with the repairs again.

Has the dealer provided you with a comparable loaner vehicle during the extended repairs?

OP
OP
Janky

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow! Good luck with the repairs again.

Has the dealer provided you with a comparable loaner vehicle during the extended repairs?

Good question. The previous two times, no. This time I insisted (since it's ski season and I know they will need it for many days again). This time they said they will provide an AWD Escape. Not comparable, but it will do. Just have to wait until Monday for the service manager to get in and find me a slot.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An escape for an expy? I was lucky enough to get an ecosport for my vct fix, such horseshit. One guy told me loaners and even rentals are hard to get because so many are out of service for recalls.

Truly sorry to hear about this again, repeat visits are incredibly frustrating, I'm going back a 4th time already for the rattling turbos.

OP
OP
Janky

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wanted to go skiing today so I threw a rocket box on the Escape. Small, but a nice ride considering it is 1/3 the cost of our leaky Expy!

Dealer called Friday and the report is interesting... Ford instructed them to replace some kind of Evaporation module related to the AC? They had to pull the dash to get to it. Once the dash wash out, they found some issue with body seams and grommets?? The service manager apologized for not having more details but she felt this was the source of the issue and I'll get it back next week. I'm not convinced, but I'll update when I know more.

DSC_2807.JPG