Interior work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I purchased my 2007 Expy...I knew it would need some interior work.

Today I took apart the center console, cleaned up years of spilled soda, clear coated the dull plastic wood trim, and then laid vinyl over the badly worn trim pieces.
8b774e0ba52ccaa440f77e74aad5518a.jpg

I think it looks MUCH better!

50a354417dbcd8c209678b296b2b4ce0.jpg

2007 Ford Expedition Limited
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I purchased my 2007 Expy...I knew it would need some interior work.

Today I took apart the center console, cleaned up years of spilled soda, clear coated the dull plastic wood trim, and then laid vinyl over the badly worn trim pieces.
8b774e0ba52ccaa440f77e74aad5518a.jpg

I think it looks MUCH better!

50a354417dbcd8c209678b296b2b4ce0.jpg

Looks good now. It looks like my Navigator console.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks good. I was wondering about a vinyl job on the interior, how it might hold up. I had looked at a couple navigators w loads of worn silver trim. A different finish could really change the look of one.

OP
OP
Shantheman73

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks good. I was wondering about a vinyl job on the interior, how it might hold up. I had looked at a couple navigators w loads of worn silver trim. A different finish could really change the look of one.

I’ve used vinyl in previous vehicles and it held up better than the stock painted plastic did. Never got dull or faded. In fact...I used to pull off trim pieces and paint them for years...but now if a piece can be wrapped...i go the vinyl route.

I’ve actually thought about starting an auto interior refinishing business for years. I’ve even pulled trim pieces and wrapped them in leather. It’s amazing how upscale that’ll make the plainest of dashboards look.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve used vinyl in previous vehicles and it held up better than the stock painted plastic did. Never got dull or faded. In fact...I used to pull off trim pieces and paint them for years...but now if a piece can be wrapped...i go the vinyl route.

I’ve actually thought about starting an auto interior refinishing business for years. I’ve even pulled trim pieces and wrapped them in leather. It’s amazing how upscale that’ll make the plainest of dashboards look.

You are a good little rapper.

chart75

Reaction score
That looks great. Do you have to pull the entire console apart or can you just pop the silver pieces off? Any specific brand of vinyl? I've been looking for a solution to this for a while.