Interior work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Shantheman73

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks great. Do you have to pull the entire console apart or can you just pop the silver pieces off? Any specific brand of vinyl? I've been looking for a solution to this for a while.

Part of the reason I went with vinyl was because I didn’t have to pull the rest of the console apart. The side gray/silver pieces are attached to the bigger unit.

I’ve worked with a few brands. If you can get something 3M it’s usually best. I bought this stuff at hobby lobby and had to use hairdryer to get some bubbles out.

2007 Ford Expedition Limited
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macho grande

Reaction score
Part of the reason I went with vinyl was because I didn’t have to pull the rest of the console apart. The side gray/silver pieces are attached to the bigger unit.

I’ve worked with a few brands. If you can get something 3M it’s usually best. I bought this stuff at hobby lobby and had to use hairdryer to get some bubbles out.

I just wrapped my center console and radio dash today. Matte black. Came out pretty good for a first timer. I was thinking of painting the side trim didn't want to remove the entire console. Wrapping seems like the way to go now. Question, did you start from the rear and work your way forward?

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just did a touch up on the steering wheel and passenger air bag cover. Used Valspar color called Mink Stole CI59. Matched really well. Just Valspar interior satin latex paint. Cost ~$3.50
IMG_20200228_153012.jpg

Just realized I posted this to the wrong thread. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shantheman73

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just wrapped my center console and radio dash today. Matte black. Came out pretty good for a first timer. I was thinking of painting the side trim didn't want to remove the entire console. Wrapping seems like the way to go now. Question, did you start from the rear and work your way forward?

Started from front and worked my way down and back...in that order.

OP
OP
Shantheman73

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just did a touch up on the steering wheel and passenger air bag cover. Used Valspar color called Mink Stole CI59. Matched really well. Just Valspar interior satin latex paint. Cost ~$3.50
View attachment 35158

Tommyddsr what exactly did you paint? The steering wheel? Mine has lots of faded places from previous owners...I’m def interested in what you did!

OP
OP
Shantheman73

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 35158

Tommyddsr what exactly did you paint? The steering wheel? Mine has lots of faded places from previous owners...I’m def interested in what you did!

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just recovered my steering wheel using a leather wrap you sew on. $15 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HJGR24E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
After that I sanded the worn spots on the steering wheel spokes and areas around the controls and repainted. Here are some before and after pics. I tried to get shots that were close to the original so you can see the difference. Had a few really bad spots, especially around the Cruise Control buttons. That spot I may work on a little more. Had to do the pics in 2 post. Apprently there is a 5 pic limit now.Steering Wheel 1.jpg Steering Wheel 1 Repaired.jpg Steering Wheel Right.jpg Steering Wheel Right Repair.jpg