iPhone users, what is your preferred phone to infotainment connection method?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O5111

Reaction score
Speed limit is on Waze. Plus red light cameras.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I know, but I can’t get used to Waze. It is really laggy on my truck. Maybe on a long trip.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know, but I can’t get used to Waze. It is really laggy on my truck. Maybe on a long trip.
Agreed. I’ll use waze along with the Sync3 nav for a long trip just for the notifications. I’m just not that into car play for whatever reason...

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I agree that Waze is laggy and glitchy as all hell when using it through Sync, but it works like a dream when you run it through CarPlay. If you are using CarPlay and it’s still problematic I wonder if you’re running an old version or something.

O5111

Reaction score
I agree that Waze is laggy and glitchy as all hell when using it through Sync, but it works like a dream when you run it through CarPlay. If you are using CarPlay and it’s still problematic I wonder if you’re running an old version or something.
I’ve used it on the wife’s Expedition the past few days and it has worked great, so I guess now I should go back and try it on my truck. You may be correct on this!

rhk118

Reaction score
Tried CarPlay and want to like it but just isn't my thing. I love that with the phone unplugged I can just use the stock ford navigation but for longer trips or trips where I want smarter navigation I can plug the phone in and the stock Ford navigation gets replaced by Waze....Waze for long trips through Sync hasn't been buggy for me like other have mentioned...iPhone 8, iOS 12.

Dscustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gotta use CarPlay, Bluetooth is crap for audio. Either one is pretty buggy. I’d say once a week I can’t get CarPlay to work on plugging it in the first few times.