Is my front end correct?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the pull out headlight knob for fog lights, but my front bumper doesn't have the same cutouts that my other Expy does, and I have no lights. My neighbor told me that my front end is from an F150 and mine must have been wrecked and repaired.

Is he full of it?

photobucket-20649-1337683928409.jpg

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
98Expy5-0, just because the headlight switch pulls out, does not mean that you have the factory fog light option in your truck. All Expy headlight switches pull out. The question is whether you have the internals for the fog lights or not, fuse F27 installed, and the fog light relay. You may even find that the wiring is installed in your truck (it came in most trucks except for the police ones that specifically had it deleted). So, upgrading to fog lights can be very easy (new headlight switch, add a relay, and make sure fuse F27 is installed). As for the bumper being the correct one for your truck, I am not an expert on what all the different variations of bumpers are for our trucks. There was about a new style for each year with a few variations within each year on whether you had fog lights and if you didn't.

OP
OP

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok. Somebody on here told me that because my switch pulls out and the fog light symbol lights up, that it must have come with the lights originally and someone removed them.

I don't recall if my 98 switch pulls out, but I don;t think it has the symbol. The VIN on it comes back as an XLT not a Special Purpose, so I assumed it was not ordered as a Police package, but I don't know.

Thanks

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Yours looks identical to mine. Will have to check on the switch. Never tried to pull it out. :)

98EXeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 98 and this is what my front end looks like minus the bumper trim....lol

front view.jpg

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Just checked. My switch does not pull out or have fog light indicator.

hwy73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That picture is a 99-02 front end. The fog lights would be in the plastic valence below the bumper on those years. Requires a change of the valence to add fogs, there are no cutouts in that valence. Wiring might be there, it was on my truck (99 XLT), fuse and relay were present too I only changed the switch, plugged in the unused connector taped to the harness behind the switch, done.

hwy73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just noticed you have tow hooks. If you do this, you would have to specify a valence for fogs and tow hooks, so all the holes would be there. When these trucks were new, 4 different valences were available dependng on the options. 1. No hooks, no fogs (no holes), 2. hooks but no fogs (what you have), 3. fogs but no hooks, and finally, 4. fogs + hooks (4 holes). I know, crazy, and I wonder if all 4 versions are still available.

Last edited:

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the lower optioned trucks w/no fogs got that lower valance. its the same f-150/expedition over those years depending on options..ect